Monday, November 29, 2010

INEXPENSIVE HOLIDAY DECOR

I can't believe we are already to the holiday season! When I posted on Wednesday it seemed like I entered a time warp where the days moved so quickly. My days were filled with prepping for NY this week on the Nate Berkus Show, celebrating my mom's 83rd birthday, of course decorating the table for Thanksgiving, and refining my idea of what I wanted our house to feel like this holiday season. The most important thing to me was that I didn't spend the holiday week on my computer and on my cell phone. I actually stopped for a bit.

Now, I am back in the swing of things and have not only decked the halls actually found a new look for our tree this year. It is much more simple then years past but I was inspired by ornaments that I found at Target. I will share those this afternoon, until then here are some images that are inspiring me to look at inexpensive ornaments in a new light. I still have our office to decorate for the holidays and you just might see a take on a few of these images.

I am a huge fan of using colors tone on tone to create texture. Although these ornaments are inexpensive the look that you get has such impact.

http://www.delightfully-chic.blogspot.com/

I also love the pops of holiday decor, the jingle bell wreath around the head of the bust, and the pink toned wrapped packages at the end with the raspberry colored glass mixed in.

I LOVE this. It is so simple but the books being covered in white, the neutral tones, and the drama of the red ornamants hanging above it all. So simple, and yet here it is fabulous.

http://ishandchi.blogspot.com/2009/11/decorating-for-christmas.html

Sometimes the clear glass ornaments are my favorite. The light plays off of them, and you can add them in to fill up a tree or in this case create a chandelier. We are using these for a soiree this week where we are creating a champagne bubble lounge. Can't wait!

http://froufroufashionista.blogspot.com/2010/05/bubble-chandelier-diy.html

After seeing this I may have to use this in our Master Bedroom this year as a take off a snow globe. I love the simplicity and the fact that you can create a story in each ornament.

http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/craft-ideas-for-christmas-decorations-1209

Not really unique, but once again it does show you how focusing in one a color or two (in this case) can make inexpensive decor feel very well done. I love the mix of white vessels where the ornaments pick up on the color of the garland and the wreaths.

http://yoursbydesign.blogspot.com/

Stay tuned for pictures of the start of our holiday decor, and a few whimsical ideas for wreaths for both indoors and outdoors.

Deck the halls - the season has begun!

4 comments:

Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

oh my, these images are so pretty! Can't wait for your decorating ideas! xo

Creategirl said...

Love it all and agree tone on tone is a fun way to go. It adds such drama to a space! Are you going to be on Nate again? So excited to hear the details!

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

How Funny, I was looking through your blog for Christmas decor inspiration for a party I'm throwing this weekend...and here I spot my bubble chandelier!!! How wonderful!
Thank you for sharing. xoxox Alison

Bruce said...

Thanks for a great blog
Christmas Decoration ideas

Related Posts with Thumbnails